THE FIRST 90 DAYS
30 days- concentrate on getting to know your PEOPLE.
– Figure out dynamics, how the environment functions. Understand the culture or the organization
– What people do, what are their roles, skills, structures, who are the key partners and stakeholders
– Observe how people interact and the inter and intra- departmental politics
– Built Trust and strategic partnerships
– Set up 1:1, participate in team meetings, cross-department meetings
– Find who are the real influencers within the organization
60 days- concentrate on getting to know your PRODUCT.
– Understand your product (manufacturing, conception, how the products fit together, etc)
– Understand your market (competition, market advantage, current situation, challenges)
– Understand your clients (who is your audience, how do the products fit in the lives)
– Sync cross functionally to align expectations
– Understand customer segments and value proposition
90 days- concentrate on getting to know your PROCESSES.
– Process around project management and product management.
– Understand the communication processes of the organization
– Enhancement of technical, organizational and intra-personal processes, including budgeting, hiring, resource/change/performance management,
– Understand how things work and how to make them better (how divisions relate to each other and how to improve synergies).